CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Tuesday 29 May 2012

Back and another year older ..........

Hello!

I'm trying to get over the shock of being 40 as of yesterday, I mean who knew that would happen to me! Still I have wine and  chocolate birthday cake to get me over the worst of it so not all bad  :-) I have to say my lovely friends more than make my birthdays brilliant with the fabulous presents I get to open though!  More about them tomorrow as this post would get waaayyy too long otherwise :-) You have to see them though, so much loveliness to show you!

Well lots to show you this week, lets start with the craft fair on Sunday, it was a new one for me at North Shields fishquay and it turned out to be right on the river in what I guess was a warehouse that has been reborn into a big two floor building full of stalls of collectables. One Sunday a month the craft fair joins them for the day. So last week I made some new things for the stall, a new batch of felt flower brooches and some more heart keyrings.



Love making those flowers it's easy to get carried away and make lots of them!

I had a request for a custom order this week for a monkey amigurumi too so here he is, named Banana by his new owner a little boy in the USA even though he hasn't arrived yet!


Hope he's happy in his new home :-)

So back to the fair then, here's my stall complete with new shelves that I'm still very proud of! They turned out to be great for propping up the monster and Norman the gnome as they don't stand on their own and of course a good seat for the fairies and elf too.



Mushroom village


I made a Sunderland owl and a Newcastle owl and thought it best to separate them so they didn't fight!


The fairies on their shelf.


All the flowers on the cake stand,



Basket of keyrings,


and the mushroom tree!

It was great to watch as the huge ferries for Norway and Amsterdam went right past the window too blowing their horns :-)

Next month the fair is themed Spirit of the Sea and is on International Fairy Day so I'm thinking mermaids.


And look what arrived too, my knitted cactus from the fabulous Nicole's giveaway over at her lovely blog! Isn't it fabulous! Thanks Nicole it was a lovely surprise  :-) It now sits on a shelf in my bathroom beside my real cactus and looks fabulous!


Right this post is getting a bit too long to add all the pics of my birthday pressies so I'll be back again tomorrow with pictures of all the fabulous pressies I got from Laura and Steph. I know two posts in two days, what's come over me, lol!

13 comments :

butterfly said...

Wow wow wow, every thing is just beautiful your table looks just beautiful, what a treat ,Happy 40 th Birthday sweetie you are so young and I see a Gemini like me.Hugs

Inthesky said...

Many Happy returns, 40 and in your 40s is simple, as my teenage son put it 'I suppose now Mom, I ent being funny but you can stop worrying about how you look and just focus on your health!' Yep maybe he sums it up for me! I love all of your goodies and photographs but the first photograph of the flowers is really pretty. :)

Nicky said...

Happy 40th birthday! Now the fun can begin :) I love all your new makes and if I walked past your stall I would HAVE to have one of EVERYTHING!!

Debs M said...

hope you had a fabulous birthday and i love all your makes! x

Ali said...

Oh wish I'd known it was your birthday - sending you belated birthday wishes ((hugs)) Your makes are fabulous - love them all enjoy your wine & cake - I can be there in half an hour lol xxx

Crafty-Laura said...

Happy birthday again! Your stall looks fabulous and all your makes are fab. I absolutely LOVE that gnome and the little elf is so cute too! The felt brooches are so pretty, such nice colours :D Glad you had a nice day, love Laura x

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday! Everything looks wonderful! :)

catherine said...

Firstly Lori happy Birthday and hope you have had a fab time. You will get over the 40's thing and forget about it!
Your stall looks so inviting and colourful. I bet it has a lot of attention - it should do.
The monkey looks great.
x catherine

LiteraryLadybug said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Welcome to the 40's! (It's not so bad - I promise!) I hope you got lovely treats for your special day!

WOW is your table looing wonderful. There was so much there that I wanted to compliment you on! The stand out for me was the wonderful mushroom tree. So cute! But everything looks so wonderful! Great display with so many lovely things! Well done!

Lija Broka said...

The crafts are soooo pretty.

Anonymous said...

Happy Late Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful one! We still haven't recieved Banana yet so we will get a picture posted to you when we get him!

Kerryp77 said...

Happy belated birthday Lori, Hope you had a lovely one. The stall looks fab and all makes are beautiful as always .x

Stitching Noni said...

Happy birthday! Don't worry your 40's will be great fun! I am now on the downhill run to 50 & have loved my 40's. Your stall looks fab! I love all the cute things you have made ;0)