CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas goodies and it's ami swap time!

Firstly I want to thank everyone for the lovely response to my request for opinions on the Valentine Cottage yesterday :-) It's much appreciated and you all made me feel more positive about it so it's now in my shop.

I said yesterday I would be posting pics of the fabulous pressies I have got this week so here they are. I'll start with the lovely stitched cards I've been sent,


The red one is from Elspeth, lovely sparkly aida that's stitched on :-) The silver card with the lovely tree is from Helen. They are gorgeous!


Although technically not cards these two fabulous stitched ornaments were sent to me by by lovely friend Jeanne instead of a stitched card, as she said so it doesn't get put in a box afterwards and they can be out every year :-) They are fabulous, I love them Jeanne!


Jeanne sent this fabulous decoration to, not Christmassy but fabulous :-)


This arrived yesterday from the lovely Chris! A fabulous stitched calendar and beautiful card too, thanks so much Chris they are gorgeous! She has a lovely blog HERE if you go and say hello I'm sure Chris'll be happy to see you :-)


The wonderful Laura sent me all this!! There's the xmas pud ami, stitched key keyring, angel earrings, festive stitch markers, a super cute bookmark calendar sewing themed buttons and the thread is strawberry scented! But the best of all is the folded fabric decoration, it's amazing and I'm totally in awe of how it was made! Here's a closer look at it.


amazing isn't it! Laura has a lovely blog HERE for those who haven't already found it :-)

It was also ami swap time!!! For those of you that don't know what this is at the end of every month I swap an amigurumi with my lovely friend Steph, sometimes themed by the month but mostly a total surprise. So this months swap was obviously Christmas themed, couldn't be anything else really! Steph sent me this, it's Sally snowflake...


How cute is she?! So sweet! Also Steph sent me these three teeny knits


so tiny and cute, I added some silver thread through the tops and they are hanging on my tree now :-) and this gorgeous snowman biscornu too........and sweeties! You spoil me Steph! 


This is the snowman I sent to Steph in the swap. In his earmuffs and scarf and holding his broom. Another fabulous swap :-) Steph's blog is HERE if you want to stop by and say hello.



So lots of loveliness! I have been spoilt and I still have my presents from Steph which I'm saving to open on Christmas day :-)

That's all from me for now then. I just want to thank everyone who follows, comments and gives me such happiness on this little blog. I have made some lovely friends, you are all so wonderful, I want you to know it means a lot to have you there :-) Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas and I hope Santa brings you everything you wish for!

I'll be back on Boxing Day to announce the winner of my giveaway so make sure you've entered it and good luck everyone!

Hugs to you all.      
Lori   xxxx


10 comments :

cucki said...

aww so many lovely gifts..i love them all with my heart..have fun.
hugs cucki xx

Steph said...

Hey Lori,
wow! you have had some lovely goodies.The stitched ornaments are lovely.I love the stitching bug ^_^ Lots of lovely goodies from Laura, those star decorations are amazing aren't they!So beautiful.
^_^ Glad you liked your ami goodies...I ''borrowed'' the Quality Streets from Mum!!!Notice there wasn't one of each as all of the favourites had been scoffed already!^_^
And my gorgeous snowman ^_^ I love his little broom. BIG thank you hugs ^_^
Happy holiday hugs
XOX

The Dotty One said...

I feel like I'm bombarding you with comments - I only went away for a few days and you've posted loads!!
Look at all those lovely goodies - I'm jealous, I need to make some more crafty friends!!
And I love the snowman you made too - the ear muffs are fab!
I hope you have a lovely Christmas xxx

catherine said...

What a lucky person you are!. Your gifts are gorgeous and you have some very talented friends. Your house was beautiful as well. Have yourself a merry christmas and all the best love catherine xx

Kerryp77 said...

Wow how fantastic are all those gifts you have recieved. your snowman is very cute too. Merry Christmas. xx

Rhona said...

Everyone of your gifts is fantastic!
Merry Christmas!

Ali said...

Oooh lots of gorgeous goodies - have a lovely Christmas hun xxx

Crafty-Laura said...

So many lovely things!!! I love your snowman and the little snowflake girl is so sweet! And those tiny ami's- I don't know how Steph makes them so small! Glad you liked the folded star ;-) and the other goodies. Fab calendar and card from Chris. All amazing! Hope you have a fabulous Christmas Lori! lots of love Laura xxx (and Mum says hi and best wishes too- I just showed her your blog and she loved everything too!)

danielle said...

Just wanted to say how lovely your crocheted roses are! and what a great idea for the cards - not really a present - but more than just a card - might have to think about that for 2012!!! (If we are all still around then!!! LOL)
Happy hlidays!

Chris said...

You received some lovely gifts Lori :) Glad the calendar and card reached you this year. :)