CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Sunday 24 July 2011

Fabulous quilt squares and a simple cat design

In the last two weeks I've been stitching a couple of squares that will go toward a quilt. An online friend asked if I would stitch one for her and I'm having such fun I've finished two so far :-) The designs were drawings on the theme of a heart drawn by disabled children in the school where her daughter attends. This is the first one by Jessica.....


This one is Shannon's as you can see, aren't they fabulous!! I love the way the hearts and flowers on this one are smiling :-) So I'll send off the second one tomorrow and see if any more need stitching, they are so sweet and really fun to do too!


After finishing the square last night I thought I'd stitch a cat design I had found somewhere on the internet (can't remember where now but it was a French website). It took a grand total of two hours to do and I think it looks great. No idea what to do with it but it'll come to me, maybe a small cushion?? Who knows!


Anyway busy now making an amigurumi for the monthly swap, not telling what yet!

6 comments :

steph said...

You did two hearts! They are beautiful.
Love the cat too.

Crafty-Laura said...

Those hearts are so sweet :) And I love the cat design, it's so simple but so effective!

Annaboo's House said...

Hello there!
What a lovely place I've found here - your hearts and cat are so cute and I love your amigurumis in a previous post too.
Will be your latest follower so I can see what you get up to!!
Do pop over and visit my end of blogland- I love a bit of crochet too!
Xx

cucki said...

hello dear, both of them are so lovely heart..i am also stitching the first one at the moment..the blue one..they are really fun stitching..
i love the kitty so much xx

Flutterby Patch said...

I love the heart idea, traslating kids work to stiching. I haven't seen that before but its definitely one to remember. The cat is fab, looks almost ghostly.

Pixie said...

The little bee is just the peachiest cutest thing ever....i love it...Pixie x