CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Saturday 30 July 2011

Ami swap time again :-)

So it's the end of the month again which means..........amigurumi swap time!!!

This time Steph made me this fabulous bee.


Isn't he the cutest little bee? I love his bee button and his hat comes off too :-) Soooo sweet!

I made a unicorn for Steph, she was fun to make and I've been told she's been called Willow. I like that name, it suits her :-)


I love the surprise of the ami swap, a parcel arrives and it could be anything! There is something wonderful about getting presents every month  too :-)

Been busy this week knitting but I can't say what as I know the person it's for reads this! I have a load of birthday cards to do for August so I'm going to be really busy for a while, it's such a mad month with all sorts of occasions in my family. I'm sure they deliberately have birthdays in a big lump! It's also the local village show at the start of September so I have a sampler to stitch and frame, a Christmas decoration to make and a card to stitch too for that. My to do list for the month is enormous.........

I owe a big thank you to the local council today. This weekend is the Airshow here in Sunderland, it's huge, the beach and the seafront will be packed with people paying too much for a bag of chips and watching fighter jets flying overhead. Anyway, this has been happening every year for what must be about 20 years now and FINALLY they seem to have changed the flight path from above my house!! Only two planes have gone over me all afternoon and it's been great, hopefully tomorrow will be the same, fingers crossed!

I see I have a couple of new followers in the last week or so, I want to say hello to you and welcome to my ramblings. Oh well, better get back to the list if I want to stand a chance of getting everything done in time!

4 comments :

Crafty-Laura said...

That bee is super cute!!! And the unicorn is absolutely gorgeous!!! Another excellent swop! :D I love seeing what you've both made! Glad to hear you haven't been disturbed by all the aircraft today! I know what you mean about the 'to do' list, mine gets longer and longer by the minute!!

cucki said...

the bee is really very sweet..and the unicorn is so cute too with a lovely name.i love both of them so much...
count me in too..my to do list is also getting longer and longer..i need nine lives to finish it:)

Chris said...

Awww the unicorn is adorable weldone Lori x

Unknown said...

holy crap! You are amazing at crochet! I really want to try amigurumi but im very slow ^_^ currently working on a whole lot of granny squares!